Specialism: Property Services
Murray Recruitment have a new opportunity available for a Community Facilities Technician for a new part time, permanent position based in Strathaven.
We are working with a national Facilities Management provider who are looking for a part time Community Facilities Technician to join the maintenance team. You will be working mainly within a static site – however there may be the requirement to cover additional sites locally if required.
- Your role is to open and close the premises after hours to ensure first and foremost the safety and security of the building
- Sign in/ out external visitors and ensure all property within the premises is well cared for and maintained
- You will be available to assist with any basic enquiries out of hours while on site
- During quieter times you will also be asked to assist with all associated basic maintenance requirements within the contract
- Assisted with basic plumbing, electrical, joinery and building fabric repairs if possible
- Working safely and efficiently to ensure client requirements are met
- To take a pro-active approach to ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to senior management as necessary
- Working in a safe manner at all times, complying with current Health & Safety legislation
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- You will ideally have previous experience working within a similar position/ Handyperson/ Janitor / General Maintenance role
- You will come from a service & maintenance background and have previous experience carrying out all round general maintenance duties
- Basic IT skills required to use handheld PDA and complete an incident reports
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to work under own initiative
- Happy to complete a Disclosure Scotland background check
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to own transport ideally
- £15,500 (part time salary)
- Part time position hours are: Saturday 7am-7pm & Sunday 7am – 8pm
- Term time only position – off all school holidays across the year.
- Handheld PDA
If you are interested in this position, please apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com
Not the job for you but know someone who would be perfect for the role? Why not refer a friend and if they get the job you get £50 worth of vouchers? Refer a friend.