Temping can be tempting! 5 reasons to choose a temp role.
We know the word temporary can seem a scary thought, but where than can be negatives, there are many positives that may suit your circumstances better.
‘ I need experience to get a job, but I need a job to get experience ‘
1) If you are relatively new to the working world or looking to go in a new direction, we are guessing the above statement is a common hurdle you are facing. Temporary positions are a great step in the door to a company and/or industry. A quarter of our temporary candidates have gone on to a permanent position, so never write off a temp position as it could open so many more opportunities!
2) On average those at University have between 3 – 4 weeks off over the December/January break. So why not gain some relevant experience while you have some spare time. Let’s face it there are only so many times you can watch Elf and have chocolate for breakfast and taking on a temp role will not only help your waistline it helps build your CV and enhances future ’employability’. Studies also show that being able to relate your theory work to a practical sense help improve understanding of the topic and grades!
3) Not everyone has a five-year plan, some people are rolling stones! From a young age we are asked what we want to be when we grow up, then asked to pick subjects at school to reflect our chosen path in life. We are asking 5 and 15-year old children to plan their life where the reality is most people at 35 aren’t sure what direction they want to take and that’s not a bad thing. On average 6.4% drop out of University after the first year, why? …well mostly because it turned out not to be the right direction for them. The working world is no different. Temp work gives you the opportunity to test the water without committing fully. check out our temp jobs…
4) Whether for your own sanity, you can’t listen to baby shark for 7 days straight, or your babies are off to nursery and you have been out of work for a while, temp work is the perfect platform for mums/dads to get their foot in the door of a company whilst still maintaining the flexibility you need to manage your busy schedule. Many parents after time out can find the commitment of a permanent position overwhelming so why not ease into it and work around what suits you?
5) You do have rights as a temp worker! Although you are not directly employed by the people you work for, you still have rights as an employee. We (Murray Recruitment) have over 15 years’ experience in the recruitment industry, so trust us when we say not all recruitment companies are the same. Through temp work via Murray Recruitment you can still accrue holidays and your temporary contracts are handled in house meaning there is no ambiguity with payments, you are treated like a member of our team, receive payslips from us giving you one point of contact and unlike many other companies there are no admin fees. Why not check us out and see if we can help you?